Gerber Reveals Launch Date of Its Popular Photo Search
(FLORHAM PARK, N.J.) – Sept. 9, 2013 – Today Gerber revealed on its Facebook page that the highly anticipated Gerber Photo Search will return on Sept. 23. The Search encourages moms and dads to share a favorite photo of their Gerber baby and a chance to win prizes from Gerber. Parents or legal guardians who are fans of the Gerber Facebook page will be able to upload a recent photo of their child(ren) who are up to 48 months of age for a chance to win $50,000 and the opportunity for their child to star in a future Gerber advertisement.
“Our fans have been waiting for this announcement all year,” said Cathy Abramski, Head of Consumer Communications, Gerber. “Parents love taking pictures of their little ones and Photo Search lets them showcase their child. We’re looking forward to seeing adorable faces from all-across the country in the 2013 Gerber Photo Search.”
This is the fourth annual Gerber Photo Search. Last year, the winning submission, selected from more than 308,000 entries, featured then-8-month old Mary Jane Montoya of Fresno, Calif. Mary Jane appeared with her parents on NBC’s “TODAY” show last November along with the iconic face of the Gerber logo, Ann Turner Cook, as part of the Photo Search 2012 winner announcement.
Photo Search 101
To help get parents ready for the Gerber Photo Search, Gerber is sharing some useful guidance so parents can begin submitting photos on Sept. 23:
- Be prepared. It's simple: you can't get the shot if you don't have your camera with you. So keep your camera within reach, charged up and ready to shoot.
- Stay close. Your child should always be the star of your photo. So get in as close as you can, filling the frame with that adorable face.
- Plan for success. Unposed, spur-of-the-moment snapshots can be wonderful. But you may also want to try planning an informal "photo shoot." Pick out a nice spot, and give yourself enough time to take a bunch of unhurried photos.
- Get down! Let's face it: children are short. So try getting down to their level to take your pictures.
- Timing is important. You know your child's schedule: mealtime, naptime, playtime. So it makes sense to plan your picture taking for a time of day when your little model will be happy and alert.
Visit the Gerber Facebook page for more information, including updates on prizes, the official rules for this year’s Photo Search and the opportunity to register for the Start Healthy, Stay HealthyTM Nutrition System to receive coupons, exclusive offers and access to members-only educational and nutritional tools.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Search open to legal residents of the 50 US and DC, 18 years of age & older. Entry begins on September 23, 2013 and ends on October 27, 2013. Voting begins November 4, 2013 and ends December 1, 2013. Void where prohibited.
KNOW ‘N’ GROW SWEEPSTAKES & INSTANT WIN GAME
During the month of September, Gerber is also offering Facebook fans a chance to win prizes by playing the Know ‘n’ Grow Sweepstakes & Instant Win Game. Fans have a chance to win Gerber® Graduates® Product Coupons ranging from one month's supply to a one year's supply* as well as 1,000 Instant Win Gerber® Graduates® Prizes.** ‘Like’ the Gerber Facebook page to learn more.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Promotion open to legal residents of the 50 US and DC, 18 years of age & older. Void where prohibited. Starts 12:00AM ET on September 3, 2013, ends 11:59PM ET on September 30, 2013. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
*Prizes range from one month's supply (30 $4.00 coupons, ARV $120) to one year's supply (365 $4.00 coupons, ARV $1,460) of Gerber® Graduates® products.
**Each prize consists of single $4.00 coupon redeemable on Gerber® Graduates® products.
Gerber was founded in 1928 in Fremont, Michigan. Gerber Products Company joined the Nestlé family on September 1, 2007. Gerber Products Company is a leader in early childhood nutrition.
All trademarks are owned by Société des Produits Nestlé S.A., Vevey, Switzerland. ©2013