GERBER® GOOD START® SOOTHE FORMULA
GS 23oz canister soothe
Introducing a Scientific Breakthrough that Gives Babies Less to Cry About!
New Product: Designed to Reduce Excessive Crying and Colic
Gerber® Good Start® Soothe formula is the first and only routine infant formula to have L. reuteri, a probiotic that has been clinically shown to reduce crying time by up to 50 percent in colicky breastfed babies in as little as one week.1,2 It offers a new solution for parents who choose formula.
Colic is a relatively common condition that affects nearly 30 percent of babies, which is most often characterized as excessive bouts of crying in otherwise healthy infants.3 Babies may be colicky due to an imbalance of bacteria in their tummies and L. reuteri has been shown to promote a healthy balance of good and bad bacteria.4
A Far Cry from Other Infant Formulas
• Has L. reuteri, a probiotic clinically shown to reduce crying time in colicky breastfed babies1,2
• Made with 30% lactose to ease fussiness and gas for infants with lactose intolerance
• Features the Comfort Proteins® Advantage – 100% whey protein partially hydrolyzed for easy digestion and may provide protective benefits
Availability and Pricing
Gerber® Good Start® Soothe formula is available nationwide.* Suggested retail price for the 12.4 ounce powder is $15.00-15.50 and for the 23.3 ounce size, it is $23.50-24.00.
1. Savino F et al. Lactobacillus reuteri DSM 17 938 in infantile colic: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Pediatrics. 2010;126:e526-e533.
2. Savino F et al. Lactobacillus reuteri (American Type Culture
Collection Strain 55730) versus simethicone in the treatment of infantile colic: a prospective randomized study. Pediatrics. 2007;119:e124-e130.
3. Rudolph’s Fundamentals of Pediatrics. 3rd Edition. 2002.
4. Savino F et al. Intestinal microflora in breastfed colicky and non-colicky infants. Acta Paediatr. 2004;93:825-829.